Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Canadian Christmas Traditions

To celebrate Christmas we got into groups of four and worked collaboratively to find out about Christmas in different countries all around the world. My group worked on Canada and we found a lot of interesting things about Canada and what they do differently from New Zealand. In Canadian another name for Santa is Joulupikki or Father frost. To show our learning we recorded our google drawing using screencastify. I worked on this DLO with Shannon, Freeman and Magenta.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team!

    What an awesome post! I hope one day I get to visit Canada, you have inspired me to travel there someday. I will be passing this onto Rachel, she is from Canada. She will be so happy to see you teaching people about the traditions and celebrations there. 😊

    Keep up the great work! Don’t forget to head on over to the Summer Learning Journey programme. There are awesome activities ready to be completed!
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

    Cadence 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua,

    Cadence just emailed me to tell me about this great Canadian post. I loved reading all about my home country. It made me think about my family and remember all of the great times that we had celebrating Christmas, eating special pancakes with maple syrup and playing outside in the snow.

    Great job, Josh! I hope that you'll have time to join the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. The programme is open every day until Friday 26 January.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete